GSE team in America

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Leaving Broomfield

Yesterday we went to see Broomfield police office and jail. It was really interesting, and the jail was far more serious than the ones in Finland (officer was bit surprised to hear our inmates get vacation outside the jail...). Then we had Thai food for lunch (the food here is great, I just weight myself this morning it seems I've gained about 1/2kg already), and then went for Derda recreation center. There we had opportunity to lose some of the weight, I tried wall climbing, which was a thing for me, being afraid of hights and all... Lauri did great there, he just climbed all the walls, even the difficult ones.

Evening was spent with host families, my hosts Cathy and Bob had organised a dinner party and invited their friends. The food was best I've had here (even though the restaurants are not bad either) and company and discussion was so interesting. Spending time with people is definitely best way to learn about a culture and I'm glad I had the opportunity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home